Sunday 15 May 2011

Injection Day - Buserelin

14 May 2011


We went to the Medical Center early in the morning to get the medication, syringes and needles required to start my Buserelin jabs. Me being a super phobic person when it comes to needles and syringes will not be assign to get this 'job' done. Thus, I had passed this privilege to my dear Hubby. Since both of us are not medically trained for it, our nurse, C had given us short tutorial on how to draw Buserelin from its vial. It looks pretty easy when it was done by our nurse, C. I was barely looking when she was giving the injection around my tummy area. It does ache a bit but the pain was very minimal. Phew, super glad that my first injection was a pleasant experience. I guessed the real challenge will be coming tomorrow morning when we were all by ourselves to do the injection. We were given 1 vial of Buserelin, syringes + needles, alcohol swabs and a cooler bag to transport the Buserelin back to our home. We needed to pay a deposit of RM100 for the cooler bag where it will be refund to us once we returned it to the center. FYI - Buserelin need to be kept in the fridge. 

From Wikipedia

'Buserelin is a Gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (GnRH agonist). By causing constant stimulation of the pituitary, it decreases pituitary secretion of gonadotropins luteinizing hormone(LH) and follicle stimulating hormone (FSH).'


15 May 2011

We (or shall I say my Dear Hubby) had successfully get the injection done today. Our nurse, C had advised us to have the injection done around the same timing daily to have an optimised efficacy. Thus, we had chosen to do the injection around 6.40 am (yeap, that early as I need to be from our house to office around 7.00am to beat the jam). There's some minor hiccups during the injection but at the end, all ends well. *Big shoulder pat to my Dear Hubby*.

On the side note, I felt more tired after getting the jab yesterday and today. I am wondering whether it's the side effect of Buserelin. Besides the tiredness, nothing much differs from my normal daily life. 


My daily companion for the next 14 days and more... 

As of now, I have officially started on my Downregulation cycle for IVF. I have google and found the following info from this website on the downregulation cycle. I am praying hard that I will be responding well to the injection. Keep fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment