Monday 9 May 2011

GI Upset and Me

8 May 2011

My stomach had been like a roller coaster like condition which had started since 8.5.2011. I had read that one of Metformin common side effects was gastrointestinal issue like diarrhea. This is my 3rd day on Metformin and I had thought I will be 'free' from this side effects but..... sigh.. Yup.. The diarrhea episodes started kicking in from morning 8.5.2011. I had been visiting the loo for 3 times during the day and it stopped. I was kinda relieved by then and thought it had subside. But to my horror, the diarrhea came back during the night time after I took in another Metformin tablet. This time, it was even worst than the morning episodes. I had actually lost count of the numbers of times I have been sitting inside the loo till I needed to wake Hubby up to get me Po Chai Chit Kit pill (a traditional pill use to relieve diarrhea). Phew,thank God it's was working and finally I manage to grab some sleep. With all the loo 'drama', I am sorta in a zombie state condition now --- yawn, yawn, yawn........ Pray hard that GI upset will resolve soon as I had searched over the Internet and found we will get used to the medication and be free from the side effects eventually. In the meantime, I guessed I should be grabbing some diarrhea medication from the pharmacy to safeguard myself especially during night time.

No comments:

Post a Comment